Elimination Diet 102: Diet of Abundance
Welcome to the diet of abundance!!
Maybe you saw the list of foods to be eliminated in my last post and thought, “there is nothing left to eat. This will be the worst diet ever!”
Well, I’m here to shift your gaze towards all the amazing, delicious, colorful foods you can eat on the elimination diet.
First, a list. Then a picture of my lunch prep on day 1!
Eat these foods:
– Fruits: apples, blueberries, cherries, nectarines, lemons, grapes, peaches, mangos, raspberries…
– Vegetables: carrots, beets, onions, garlic, celery, broccoli, spinach, lettuce, kale, cabbage, asparagus, leeks, bok choy, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, yams…
– Herbs and spices: oregano, parsley, dill, basil, cinnamon, nutmeg, turmeric/curcumin, cilantro, mint, this list is endless so I’ll stop here
– Grains: brown rice, wild rice, buckwheat, quinoa, millet, amaranth, teff, crackers and pasta made from these grains
– Legumes: black beans, Lima beans, lentils, green peas, split peas, snap peas, green beans
– Nuts and seeds: sesame seeds, almonds, cashews, pecans, walnuts, sunflower seeds, hazelnuts, coconut (a coconut is not technically a nut but rather a fruit or a seed), pumpkin seeds
– Animal products: chicken, turkey, wild game, lamb, deep water fish (salmon, cod, halibut, sardines), pickerel
– Condiments: tahini paste, nut butters, apple butter, hummus, mustard, pesto, vinegar
– Oils: olive oil, flax oil, coconut oil
– Sweeteners: apple butter, stevia
– Beverages: green tea, rooibos tea, herbal tea, rice or nut milks (unsweetened), water
As you can see, there are lots of foods to eat from all the foods groups.
These are the focus of the elimination diet and should be the emphasis of any diet.